I am proud about Andreas Schmidt, who completed his BSc Thesis “Plugin for Interacting with an IMAP Server from ACTHEX” about the new IMAP Plugin for the ACTHEX Fragement that is implemented in the Hexlite Solver. Congratulations!
Two papers where I am coauthor have been accepted at the European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (JELIA), 2019.
- The first one about the Hexlite Solver solver “Peter Schüller. The Hexlite Solver”.
- The second one about abstraction methods for Non-Ground Answer Set Programs: “Zeynep G. Saribatur, Peter Schüller, and Thomas Eiter. Abstraction for Non-Ground Answer Set Programs”.
Together with Carmine Dodaro and Christoph Redl I am one of the organizers of the Answer Set Programming Challenge 2019 which will take place in the following months. The results will be presented at the 15th International Conference on Logic Programming and Non-monotonic Reasoning (LPNMR 2019).
This challenge is the successor of the “ASP Competitions” of previous years. We make several important changes to the competition format:
- Submission of Encoding+Solver to permit participants to use custom solvers and encodings tuned to certain solvers (submitting standard solvers is certainly intended).
- We call it Challenge, not Competition, to emphasize that we give value to various aspects of solutions. The evaluation will not be based purely on reasoning efficiency.
- We will use a platform for continuous submission and evaluation of submissions, such that participants can continously see their standing in the competition, not only in the final workshop that will take place at LPNMR.
As a member of the LWI (Leipzig, Wien, Istanbul) Team, together with Stefan Ellmauthaler and Christoph Redl we won the 1. place in the On-Site Answer Set Programming Competition 2017!